The Call for Abstracts for Papers for the 2nd Conference: Art, Science, City. ASC2015 will open on March 10, 2015. Abstracts for Full Papers (ten pages) presenting novel solutions or thoughts across the conference topics. We also call for Abstracts for short papers (four pages) presenting novel, thought-provoking ideas and promising (preliminary) results in realizing these ideas.
Submissions are invited in the following 4 panels:
Panel 1: Light [+] Visuality
– Keywords: Visual Studies; Urban Screens; Data Visualization/Sonification; Scientific Visualization Techniques [AFM, STM, TEM, DMRI, DTI, …]; Geomatics [GPS, GIS, Locative media …] …
Panel 2: Light [+] Energy
– Keywords: Bioclimatic Architecture; Sustainable Heritage Conservation; Renewable Energy; Heliothermy; Sustainability and Social Impact; Eco-Media; …
Panel 3: Light [+] Connectivity
– Keywords: Networking Communities; Devices and Interfaces; Art Devices; Photonics and Nano-Photonics; Science Communication Networks [outreach]; …
Panel 4: Light [+] Light / Light [+] Darkness
– Keywords: Critical Theory; Internet of Things; Information and Control; Sound Art; Smart City; Coding and Cryptography; Activism;…
First phase: Submission Abstracts (anonymous)
Both in the option full as short paper, the word boundaries in the abstract is: minimum 300, maximum 500 words.
The languages of the conference are English and Spanish
To submit abstracts, follow the guidelines.
Abstracts submission deadline: April 20, 2015.
Second phase: Paper submission (anonymous)
Selected authors must develop the paper (full or short) following the guidelines and Conference format.Paper template.doc Paper template.odt
The submitted papers must conform with a “Double-blind Review” process, such that authors should not know the names of the reviewers, and reviewers should not know the names of the authors. Please prepare your paper in a way that preserves anonymity of the authors until the final presentation:
- Do not put your names under the title.
- Remove information that may identify the authors in the acknowledgments.
- Check supplemental material for information that may identify the authors identity.
To upload the paper follow the guidelines.
Papers submission deadline: June 4, 2015.
On July 6, 2015, authors will receive paper revisions.
Third phase: Final Paper
After you correct all annotations pointed out by the reviewers, you must upload your final paper, including author names, e-mail, and institution, before July 30, 2015.
Publication of papers
There will be two publication channels for those papers that have been favorably evaluated, which are presented in the Congress, and whose authors pay the inscription quote:
- Ausart Aldizkaria. Revista para la Investigación en Arte (Journal for Research in Art) will publish a monograph on the Congress. It will include a selection of the selected communications. This selection will be evaluated per double-blind peer review, according to the publication rules of the journal.
- An electronic proceedings book, with its ISBN, will also be published, containing only the abstracts of those works selected by Ausart Aldizkaria journal, thus referring to the complete paper published in the magazine. The rest of the communications will be published in the e-book in full.
[Timezone Madrid CET (Central European Time) UTC/GMT +1 hour]
Abstracts Submission: March 10 to April 20, 2015
Abstract Acceptance Notification: April 30, 2015
Preliminary Paper Submissions Deadline: June 4, 2015
Paper Reviews to Authors: July 6, 2015
Final Paper Submissions: July 30, 2015