Creative Room Program: Spectrum:: Light / Art [+] Science [+] City
We welcome original works and artistic installations from practitioners and researchers developing innovative approaches in artistic or techno-scientific projects linked to the keywords of the 2nd Congress: Art, Science, City. ACC 2015. We seek works that provoke contemplation, address contemporary issues, and interactively engage viewers in discovery and stimulate intellectual adventure.
We welcome two categories of artwork: previously developed works or installations, and original creations exploring new concepts and ideas.
Proposals may include: prototypes, models, audiovisual installations, augmented-reality, game-art, sound art, tangible interfaces, mobile and social networks apps.
First phase: Submission Abstracts (anonymous)
Submission Abstract, including a description of the project or work as well as the technical aspects of the installation. Length limits for the abstracts will be minimum 300 words; maximum of 500 words.
The conference languages are English and Spanish.
Abstracts must be anonymous, according to the process of “double-blind peer review” following the guidelines described in the next section.
Below the abstract text you can incorporate images or graphic elements that best display the work content.
Artworks that have not been previously on display are expected to be at an advanced stage of completion by the submission date.
Follow the Guidelines for submitting your abstract.
Abstract Creative Room.odt
Deadline abstracts submission: April 20, 2015.
The selection of artworks will be carried out by the Creative Room Program Chairs, with the assistance of local organizers and members of the Scientific Committee. Criteria for selection will include:
- Qualitative valuation of the artistic, aesthetic and / or critical concept
- Interactivity and/or richness of the media content
- Relevance to ASC 2015 Conference in terms of content and technologies deployed
Second phase: Work in short paper format (anonymous)
On April 30 the authors will receive notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract.
Selected authors must present their project or artwork following the ASC2015 format for Short Papers (5 pages):
Like in the abstracts, the paper should be anonymous according to the “double-blind peer review” process.
- Do not put your names under the title.
- Remove information that may identify the authors in the acknowledgments.
- Check supplementary material for information that may identify the authors.
The document in PDF format will be submitted submitted via the congress’ EasyChair system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=asc2015, before June 4, 2015.
To upload the paper follow the Guidelines: Section 2. Guidelines for Papers Submission.
Supplementary material (audio, video,…) should be provided through links to a web page, cited in the References section or Endnotes.
Third phase: Final artwork paper
On July 6, 2015 the evaluation/review of the papers will be notified. After you correct all annotations pointed out by the reviewers, you must upload the Final Artwork Paper, including author names, e-mail, and institution, before July 30, 2015.
Time Zone Madrid CET (Central European Time) UTC/GMT +1 hour
- Abstract Artworks Submission: from March 10 to April 6, 2015
- Notification of Acceptance: April 30, 2015
- Artwork Submission (short paper format) Deadline: June 4, 2015
- Notification acceptance/review: July 6, 2015
- Artwork Submission Deadline: July 30, 2015
- ASC 2015 Creative Room Program organization will design the exhibition.
- It will provide a support team to attend participants with the installation of works, but the authors will be responsible for setting up their own pieces.
- ASC 2015 will not pay the shipping charges of works.
- Thanks to the partners there will be several sets of video projection and audio playback equipment. The conference organization will contact the authors to determine the requirements of each work.
- All artworks favorably evaluated, and whose authors have paid the registration fee, will be published in an electronic proceedings book with ISBN.
- Ausart Aldizkaria. Revista para la investigación en Arte will publish a monograph on the Congress, which will include a selection of the papers presented and evaluated by peers, according to the publication rules..